Converting ASCII Grids to NetCdf

Title: Converting ASCII Grids to NetCdf

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to do something relatively simple, but I haven't been able to find any examples of others doing it before me. Just thought I'd ask here before going off and writing the code myself.

What I want to do is take a DEM stored in the  ESRI ASCII Raster format and convert it to a netcdf file. My ascii raster has the standard header format like so:

ncols         5001
nrows         4001
xllcorner     -125
yllcorner     34
cellsize      0.001
NODATA_value  -9999

Anybody got some code to do this? :-)

If not, no biggee, just thought I'd ask.

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew C. Chase
Software Engineer