Re: XYT and XYZT grid with only 1 X and 1 Y point in axis

Hi Roland,

I'm going to leave the grid question for someone else. Just thought I would say that we put the version number in the jar manifest as "Implementation-Version". (At least we have been for the last few releases.)

Ethan

Roland Schweitzer wrote:

Hi,

I am using the Java netCDF library (version 2.2.something -- how to I tell which from the jar?) to extract the GeoGrids from the netCDF dataset from these two URLs.

Both are degenerate in the sense that there is only one X and one Y in the "grid", but none the less in the case of the XYT file the GeoGrids are returned successfully.

However in the second case where a similar XY grid is defined, but includes a Z axis getGrids() returns an empty list. I think it should be able to return grids (albeit degenerate) just the same as the XYT case.

XYT Grid:

http://dods.ndbc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/nph-dods/dods/stdmet/42001/42001h2001.nc

XYZT Grid:

http://dods.ndbc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/nph-dods/dods/adcp/41012/41012a2002.nc

Thanks,
Roland

--
Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690