Re: NIDS decompression error

Steve Ansari wrote:

Hi John,

The NetCDF Java library seems to be having problems with certain partially zlib compressed Level-III files. Here is part of the stack trace:

ERROR on inflation unknown compression method
java.util.zip.DataFormatException: unknown compression method
       at java.util.zip.Inflater.inflateBytes(Native Method)
       at java.util.zip.Inflater.inflate(Unknown Source)
       at java.util.zip.Inflater.inflate(Unknown Source)
at ucar.nc2.iosp.nids.Nidsheader.GetZlibedNexr(Nidsheader.java:1760)
       at ucar.nc2.iosp.nids.Nidsheader.readZLibNIDS(Nidsheader.java:280)

I attaching the two files, one bad, one good.
N0R_20050721_2042 (BAD)
N0R_20050721_2047 (GOOD)

Thanks for your help on this. The NetCDF library and decoders are extremely useful! Thanks!

Steve Ansari

Hi Steve:

thanks for the report.

we've been looking at the problem, well get back to you when we have a fix.