Re: Fwd: Re: 20040614: dncdump client from a DODS server (cont.)

Chunlei Liu wrote:

Hi John

Following instructions in
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/dodsAS/AggServerInstall.html

1) I installed tomcat version 5.0.27, it is working fine.
2) then I downloaded thredds.war, used    jar  -xf thredds.war to unpack it.

you dont need to unpack it yourself, just place jar file into $tomcat/webapps

3) I had the dir structure like this : jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/thredds,
but the servlet is not working under http://localhost:port/thredds/dodsC/

The HTTP Status 404 - /thredds/ error message is : The requested resource (/thredds/) is not available.

I assume the directory is not found.

your directory looks ok

you may need to restart tomcat

also find out what the messages are that are coming out of tomcat - usually from the console window that tomcat started in, or look in $tomcat/logs

4) I cannot see dodsC directory under thredds, but there is one under /webapps/thredds/initialContent/

Do I need to download the dodsC.war and unpack it under /webapps/thredds/ ?

no, dodsC.war is obsoleted

Could you give any help please ?

Chunlei
ESSC
Reading University

if you can install on public server, it is easier for us to help.

also, cc email to yuan for faster help.