Re: 20040602: netCDF Java - XP - NetCDF to XML

Unidata Support wrote:

------- Forwarded Message

To: address@hidden
From: "Curt Emich" <address@hidden>
Subject: netCDF Java - XP - NetCDF to XML

Institution: Veridyne, Inc.
Package Version: 1.0
Operating System: XP
Hardware Information: Pentium IV
Inquiry: I'm looking at your classes at this link
http://www.vets.ucar.edu/luca/netcdf/javadoc/ucar/ncx/soap/package-summary.html
and I want to make sure that there's one that converts NetCDF to XML in the
body of the data, and not just the meta data.  Do any of these classes do that?

If so, how do I go about downloading the package so I can use it?

Hi Curt:

Luca's ncx package is deprecated in favor of the java-netcdf package, which you can get from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf-java/index.html

you can use

NetCdfFile.writeNcML( java.io.OutputStream os, boolean showCoords, String uri);

to write XML; this will not write out all data, if thats what you want, but it will write coordinate data, with showCoords=true.

if you need all the data written, it should be easy to modify the above routine.