Re: 20030923: AGG Server clear cache

Unidata Support wrote:

------- Forwarded Message

To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
cc: Steve Hankin <address@hidden>
From: Joe McLean <address@hidden>
Subject: AGG Server clear cache

Hi,

From the browser interface to the John Caron's latest DODS aggregation
server, there is a debug function:

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov:9090/dodsC/debug?clearCache

I tried to find a similar unix command line function in TOMCAT
documentation, and looked at logs to figure out what was happening, but
can't find an answer.  I am trying to write a cron job which will update
the MCSST NcML file, then clear the DODS aggregation cache on a daily
basis.  Is there a command line equivalent to the clearCache command
that I could use, so I don't need to stop/start TOMCAT each update?

Thanks,

Joe

------- End of Forwarded Message

Hi Joe: you need a command line HTTP client, which would send the URL

        http://www.ferret.noaa.gov:9090/dodsC/debug?clearCache

to the AS using HTTP GET. If you are updateing the catalog, you will need to
also send

        http://www.ferret.noaa.gov:9090/dodsC/debug?readCatalog

I googled for "command line HTTP client" and got a lot of hits. you will need one specific to your OS, so you should probably sort through them. a couple that jumped out:

 http://www.tburke.net/info/reskittools/topics/httpcmd.htm

 http://www.eternallines.com/httpclcl/

PS: you can send these kinds of questions directly to me for now if you want. eventually we will have a support-dodsAS email, but for now its quicker to send to me, since support is just forwarding them anyway.