Re: java netCDF issue

yes, the copy in/out is a bit tricky and crucial for performance.

speaking of performance, we are working on improvements to MultiArray
that make it quite a bit faster, especially for transpose and clip type
operations.  Its actually a different API and implementation.  We
probably wont release it till this summer. However, if you're
performance limited and want to have a look, let me know.