[McIDAS #TEP-614031]: Adding radar stations

Hi Mike,

re:
> In the past couple of days, two temporary radars (TJRV & TJBQ) have
> been established on Puerto Rico.

I've been following the discussion on the noaaport list...

re:
> I'd like to use McIDAS to visualize
> data from those sites, since it's what we use for every other 88D.
> The catch is, McIDAS doesn't seem to be aware of those sites, so my
> attempts fail.
>
> IMGDISP RTNEXRAD/N0S 2 ID=JRV STATION=JRV PLACE=C MAG=2  EU=NEWVEL
>
> Using defaults assigned to RTNEXRAD/N0S from context file IMGDISP.CORE
>
> IMGDISP: IDINFO - STATION NOT FOUND
> IMGDISP: Cannot locate JRV
> IMGDISP: done
> IMGDISP failed, RC=1
>
> If I know the precise locations of those sites, how could I add them
> so McIDAS can plot them?

Sites can add station definitions to the McIDAS station database by
modifying the STNDB.USER file.  STNDB.USER should be installed in
your ~mcidas/data directory.

STNDB.SITE entries are textual, and use McIDAS keyword syntax for
their various definitions.  Here is an example clipped out of the
SITEDB.USER that you can use as a template:

# Evansville, IN NEXRAD
ID=VWX    LATLON=  38:15:37   87:43:28 ULATLON=  38:15:37   87:43:28 ELE=  187
UELE=  187 ST=IN CO=US NAME='Evansville, Indiana' DATATYPE= NEXRAD

One of the key pieces of information is the DATATYPE= value.

By the way, our motherlode class systems are not filing the products
for JRV.  I'll have to check into this...

Ticket ID: TEP-614031
Department: Support McIDAS