[McIDAS #MXM-826197]: Problems remapping netCDF grid files

Hi Clair,

re:
> I have some netCDF satellite IR grid files which I need to remap. I have
> been trying to use McIDAS-X version 2016 and remap using DSSERVE to add
> the grid dataset, but when I try to list the grid files using GRDLIST
> it is empty. I had contacted McIDAS help desk about this, they suggested
> our McIDAS version is originally from Unidata and to contact you for help.

Very good.

re:
> I suspect it is my netCDF grid config file that is the issue. I have
> tried a few different versions (attached is the latest), I'm not really
> sure what the McIDAS grid parameters are to map to.
>
> I am getting stuck at the DSSERVE ADD step (where no files are listed
> when I run GRDLIST). So far I have tried the command:
>
> DSSERVE ADD ORIG/NETCDF NCDF TYPE=GRID DIRFILE='/folder/orig/*.nc'
> INFO='/folder/netcdfgridAttempt1.cfg'
>
> DSSERVE ADD PROJ/NETCDF NCDF TYPE=GRID DIRFILE='/folder/rectified/*'
> INFO='/folder/netcdfgridAttempt1.cfg'
>
> followed by:
>
> GRDLIST ORIG/NETCDF.ALL which results in:
>
> GRDLIST - done (but with no files listed)
>
> I have copied and renamed the netcdfgrid.cfg file to
> netcdfgridAttempt1.cfg to map the McIDAS parameters to the netcdf
> variables.
>
> The netcdf variables are:
> lat
> lon
> latitude_longitude
> channel_0002_brightness_temperature (or channel_0003_brightness_temperature
> channel_0004_brightness_temperature channel_0001_reflectance)
>
> Any advice would be very much appreciated.

It would be most helpful if you could provide one or two example netCDF
files and your netCDF configuration files so I can take a close look
at what is (not) happening.  Would it be possible for you to put them
out on an FTP site, Dropbox, etc. so I could grab them?

Ticket ID: MXM-826197
Department: Support McIDAS