[McIDAS #JAV-781741]: McIDAS-X on Windows or Linux

Hi Kwan,

re:
> I only have Windows Defender and I occasionally scan the computer with
> SuperAntiSpyware.

Hmm... I personally use McAfee on my Windows machine.  Internally in
Unidata, we use Windows Defender, Windows firewall AND a commercial
package called Comodo which provides firewall and virus scan/protection.

re:
> Do you also use the web browser in Windows as well, while running the
> Virtual Machine?

Yes, but I mainly live in my CentOS VM.  I hotkey over to Windows when
I want to run the IDV/McIDAS-V, MS Office stuff and transfer podcasts
from my old iPod Touch to an external 1TB hard drive for archival
purposes.  I have been running like this for over 7 years, and I would
never go back to running a single OS machine.

Ticket ID: JAV-781741
Department: Support McIDAS