[McIDAS #JGN-249914]: IMGMAKE

Hi Mike and Paul,

re: beginning of non-remapped test this past Friday

> I did not, thanks for letting me know!  I was watching for it off and
> on last week but missed that they had finally started transmitting.

I looked at the NOTHER volume plot from one of our NOAAPort ingesters
in the early morning, and didn't see any indication that there was more
data coming in.  While I was in Ryan's office talking about whether or
not his ldm-alchemy code would do the right thing when the data started
coming in, we saw that it had started a bit after 9 am.

re: big disappointment that the internals are the same as they were

> I was afraid of that.  Based on their announcement message it didn't
> sound like they were planning on changing much else.

Yea, but I was still hopeful.  I'm just naive I guess :-(

re:
> And since the
> black pixel problem exists for sectors already in fixed-grid (e.g.
> full-disk), I wasn't sure if it would be corrected.  I'm about ready
> to start shopping for a pitchfork for that one though, I don't
> understand why it couldn't have been corrected by this point.  But
> then again, what do I know.

I have been assured that the black pixel problem (caused by reflectances
greater than 100%) will be fixed by the time that GOES-16 transitions to
being GOES-East.

re:

> Thanks again for the heads up,

No worries.

Now, I'm back on finishing my ADDE server for NOAAPort-delivered ABI imagery...

Ticket ID: JGN-249914
Department: Support McIDAS