[McIDAS #CYB-444461]: McIDAS-X installation on Ubuntu 16.04

Hi Sohail,

re:
> I install the ADT it looks okay as the ADT command is shown there in McIDAS
> architecture.

Very tood.

re:
> As you see when i typed HELP ADT it displays the command options. Still i
> am unable to execute this command on any satellite images. I am reading the
> McIDAS documents that how it display different images.

Exactly what command(s) are you trying to run?

re:
> Also most of the
> datasets are missing and i get the following messages when i tried to
> follow the McIDAS user guide.

One has to configure his/her McIDAS session to know where to go for
ADDE datasets.  We maintain ADDE servers with a number of different
datasets.  You can see the list of datasets that we know of that
are served by McIDAS ADDE in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/adde_servers.html

re:
> I need some guidance related displaying images.

Have you worked through the online McIDAS-X Training workshop and
Learning Guide materials?

re:
> Can you please help me how to display the latest cyclone satellite images
> and its detail information i-e T# etc.

The first thing you need to determine is if there is/are an ADDE server(s)
that have images of the cyclone images you are interested in.

re:
> *For example. How to get info about the Hurricane Irma? or any latest
> Cyclone?*

The ADDE servers we maintain on our server machines have image datasets
that should include hurricane irma.  The machines serving those ADDE
datasets are:

adde.ucar.edu
atm.ucar.edu
lead.unidata.ucar.edu
adde.ssec.wisc.edu

The datasets that have irma imagery should be:

IMAGEALL

Access to these archive datasets will require the user to specify the
day of the data that one wants to access (via the DAY= keyword on
IMGLIST, IMGDISP, etc. commands).

Which day(s) are you interested in?

Ticket ID: CYB-444461
Department: Support McIDAS