[McIDAS #LLN-564004]: GOES-16 data and McIDAS

Hi Heather,

re:
> Thank you very much for getting back to me.  I really appreciate your help!

No worries.

re:
> We are downloading the GOES-16 data directly from the NOAA PDA.

I figured as much given the 'PDA' in the directory portion of the
DIRFILE setting in your DSSERVE invocation.

re:
> It is the 16 banded full disk radiance data.

The name of the file that you setup your ADDE dataset ABIN/FD for suggests
that the file is a Full Disk Channel 8 image, not one with all bands.  This
should make no difference in the IMGLIST results, however.

re:
> Here is what I get when I run your command:
>
> [archive@gstn FIRST]$ dsserve.k ADD ABI/FD ABIN TYPE=IMAGE
> DIRFILE="$PWD/OR_ABI-L1b-RadF-M3C08_G16_s20172552345356_e20172552356123_c20172552356171.nc"
>
> Group/Descriptor         Type  Format & Range     RT Comment
> ------------------------ ----- ------------------ -- --------------------
> ABI/FD                   IMAGE ABIN
> DIRFILE=/data/archive/PDA/FIRST/OR_ABI-L1b-RadF-M3C0
> 8_G16_s20172552345356_e20172552356123_c20172552356171.nc
> dsserve.k: done

This looks good to me.

re:
> [archive@gstn FIRST]$ imglist.k ABI/FD.ALL FORM=ALL DEV=CCC
> Image file directory listing for:ABI/FD
> imglist.k* mcadir:ABI FD 1095519264 AUX=YES TRACE=0 BAND=ALL X WL=ALL X
> WN=ALL X
> imglist.k* mcadir:
> imglist.k* mcadir:
> imglist.k* ENV_COMPRESS: NONE
> imglist.k* COMPRESS: NONE
> imglist.k* PORT:  1
> imglist.k* ADDE request using port 112 with compression: NONE
> imglist.k* Read of server has failed. Wanted  4
> imglist.k*                               Did
> imglist.k: done
> Unknown command* No SSH tunnels to terminate

Hmm... I am concerned about the last line comment about 'No SSH tunnels
to terminate'.  I do not use SSH tunneling, so I am not sure how this
is getting tickled.  Are you familiar with how your McIDAS session is
configured wrt SSH tunneling?

re:
> I can look at the data if I put it into a netcdf viewer like ncview, or
> the NOAA Weather and Climate Toolkit.  So I know that the file is not corrupt.

Is there any possibility that you could make this one image available to me
so that I can test it in my McIDAS-X v2016a environment?  You making a specific
file available would be preferable to me going out to the PDA and grabbing
some other file.

Ticket ID: LLN-564004
Department: Support McIDAS