[McIDAS #LJJ-797706]: Unable to Download Software

Hi Paul,

re:
> In the past I downloaded and used McIDAS, but it was on my old Macbook. I
> have been registered with Unidata for several years. When I clicked the
> McIdas download link, I received a page which "You don't have permission
> to access /downloads/mcidas/index.jsp on this server."
>
> Please help me with this.

You listed McIDAS-V in the Package Version portion of the support email
form that you filled out:

> Package Version: McIdas-V

We (Unidata Program Center/UCAR) do not provide downloads of McIDAS-V.
We do, however, provide source code downloads of McIDAS-X.

The question of which version of McIDAS you have downloaded before can be
easily ascertained by asking if you needed to build the package from
source, or if you simply downloaded an installer and installed it directly?

If, as I suspect, you are looking for McIDAS-V, you can get it directly
from the University of Wisconsin (UW) Space Science and Engineering Center
(SSEC) McIDAS pages:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas

  McIDAS-V
  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/v/

If you really are wanting to download Unidata McIDAS-X, we will need to
add you (your email address) to the list of non-'.edu' users who are
allowed to download Unidata McIDAS-X.  Please advise...

re:
> Thanks in advance.

No worries.

Ticket ID: LJJ-797706