[McIDAS #DPG-164615]: Unable to create GOES image files

Hi Scott,

re:
> It looks like it's working now! I don't know what I changed, but I have
> GIFs now.

Hmm... very mysterious.  But my motto is whatever works :-)

re:
> I'm creating 6 of them, GE-VIS, GE-IR, GE-WV, GW-VIS, GW-IR, &
> GW-WV. I put the entries in the corresponding .BAT files and they are
> working.

Very good.  May I ask what the ultimate goal of this effort is (e.g.,
populating web pages with displays of current imagery, etc.)?

The reason I ask is the images from the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream
(IDD feed type UNIWISC aka MCIDAS) are only a fraction of the satellite
images being distributed in the IDD.  The other readily available images
are in the NIMAGE datastream, and they too are usable/displayable in
Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD.  On top of that, I am currently working on adding
support to Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD for the GOES-16 imagery that is being
distributed (in test mode) in the IDD NOTHER datastream.

re:
> You are welcome to still log in and take a look around if you like, but
> I understand if you have more pressing concerns and need to move on to
> other support cases.

Getting the credentials that would allow me to login as both 'ldm'
and 'mcidas' might be useful as you go forward.  You are correct in
noting that I have other things to do (sic!), but I like to make
sure that sites are able to use our software in meaningful ways.
In that regard, and in answer to a previously posed question, my
non-support email address is address@hidden.  If you choose to
send the login credentials for the 'mcidas' and 'ldm' accounts,
I suggest that you send separate emails with the account passwords
that ** make NO mention of the accounts for which the passwords
are valid AND make NO mention of the machines for which they are
valid **.  This would mean that you would need to send address@hidden
a series of emails that contain the credentials for the gateway
machine that I would need to login into first, and then for the
machine(s) on which McIDAS and the LDM are installed.

But: before I would presume to change things that you have setup, I
need to have a much better idea of what your ultimate goal(s) is(are).
For instance, are you interested in creating GIF/JPEG displays of
portions of the images, or are you interested in creating displays
of the full scenes represented in the images?

re:
> Thank you so much for all of your help!

No worries.

Ticket ID: DPG-164615