[McIDAS #FEA-590731]: lightning display in McIDAS-X

Hi Dave,

re:
> Thanks, Tom, for the quick reply and the pic!

No worries.

re:
> This potential user (private sector) has been getting NLDN data for many
> years, and is considering getting McIDAS-X. A display we're trying to
> mimic is close to what you sent, but it would be over a short period of
> time with 3 time intervals:
> 0 to 15 minutes old (red); 15 to 30 (yellow); 30 to 45 (green). If
> that's easy to do, that would be great! Otherwise, I'll use what you sent.

This is easy enough to create.  Before I create it for the active period
yesterday afternoon, it would be good to know if you would like the
flashes overlaid on top of radar images?

re:
> Also, I noted your preferred email address; I suppose this is for better
> tracking of support, etc.

Actually, we are trying to move away from running our own email server
for staff email.  I have been busily changing subscriptions to various
lists to use my address@hidden address instead of address@hidden.
The one area that we can not move away from use of old addresses yet is
for User Support exchanges.

re:
> Thanks again!

No worries.  As soon as I know if you would rather the lightning
display be superimposed on top of radar imagery (e.g., our 1 km
NEXRAD Level III Digital Hybrid Reflectivity national composite),
I'll create the GIF and send it along.  (I have to be at work to
access the lightning data, and I am at home at the moment, so the
generation needs to wait until I get into the office.)

Ticket ID: FEA-590731
Department: Support McIDAS