[McIDAS #WPD-667222]: Fwd: McIDAS 2017 install

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the slow reply, I was at a dentist appointment...

re:
> >   Now, if you did source the environment file and the build still failed
> >   it must mean that the zlib and zlib-devel packages need to be installed.
> >   This should _not_ be the case however, so I really need to know which
> >   approach works so I can adjust the distribution accordingly.
>
> This turned out to be the issue - we did not have the zlib-devel package
> installed. Ted installed it for me and then mcidas built and installed just
> fine. Thanks for your help!

OK, thanks for letting me know.  I will need to see if I can get around this
in the build process or update the Unidata McIDAS-X User's guide to include
this as a prerequisite.  I have a feeling that the best approach is to include
installing zlib-devel as a prerequisite.

Ticket ID: WPD-667222
Department: Support McIDAS