[McIDAS #NZQ-510524]: RTNEXRAD Feed from adde.ucar.edu - no data

Hi Greg,

re:
> I've been trying to use the RTNEXRAD ADDE server that unidata is
> providing (adde.ucar.edu) but data stopped updating yesterday morning. Can
> you take a look?

There were some issues on the machine that is currently adde.ucar.edu (and
thredds.ucar.edu) yesterday, so the problems serving the NEXRAD Level III
products may be related to that.  I'm taking a quick look now...

I just ran an IMGLIST to get the list of stations reporting DHR (Digital
Hybrid Reflectivity) products, and it looks OK.

What RTNEXRAD dataset were you trying to access (e.g., N0R, DHR, etc.)?

I want to make sure that I am testing the same thing that you were having
problems with.

re:
> I looked at other RTNEXRAD ADDE servers listed on the
> MCIDAS pages but some are not working and others seem 20+ minutes behind on
> a random sample for FTG.

Again, it would be helpful to know more information like which servers
and which datasets you tested.

re:
> Is this something I need to set up for myself to
> have the best reliability?

The problems on adde.ucar.edu yesterday appear to have been related to/caused
by the THREDDS server using a LOT of system resources starting sometime
yesterday morning.  This problem appears to have been fixed by the machine
being rebooted yesterday evening and then again this morning.  Please let
us now if you continue to have problems.

As far as setting up your own service to increase reliability, this is
never a bad idea...

Ticket ID: NZQ-510524
Department: Support McIDAS