[McIDAS #NQE-125429]: IMGREMAP back to native satellite projection

Hi Kwan,

re:
> I am attempting to change the sub-satellite longitude of a METEOSAT image
> from 0 to 140E.

OK.  Remember that East longitudes in McIDAS are negative, not positive.

re:
> The image was obtained from
>
> ftp://satepsanone.nesdis.noaa.gov/meteosat/MEGLOB05V.2016.211.0600z.bin
>
> So these were the steps I used.
> 1) dsserve.k ADD MTS/TMP AREA TYPE=IMAGE DIR="MEGLOB05V.2016.211.0000z.bin"
> 2) imgcopy.k MTS/TMP MYDATA/IMAGES.3001 SIZ=ALL
> 3) lwu.k POKE AREA3001 1400 69

You are POKEing a new value into the incorrect location, and its value
is incorrect.  The LWU invocation should be:

lwu.k POKE AREA3001 -1400000 70

re:
> But when I did imglist.k MYDATA/IMAGES.3001, I got
>
> Image file directory listing for:MYDATA/IMAGES
> Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
> sensor                                 Lat  Lon
> --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ---- ------------
> 3001  METEOSAT10    29 JUL 16211  00:00:00     0    0 1
> imglist.k: done
>
> Perhaps I did not change the correct byte number?

Yes, and the new value were setting was incorrect.

For reference, the Unidata McIDAS-X distribution has a McBASI script
that demonstrates remapping of the global topography image (AREA9000)
into a copy of the western hemisphere topography image (AREA9012 which
was originally a METEOSAT image) in steps and displaying a loop of
the resultant images.

Ticket ID: NQE-125429
Department: Support McIDAS