[McIDAS #FIS-581939]: Geocolor enhancement table

Hi Kwan,

re:
> I am puzzled.  Are the colors on these images not produced using an
> enhancement table at all?

For the RGB images like the one depicted in the following URL, the answer
is no:

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/images/latest_hi_res/himawari-8/full_disk_ahi_true_color.jpg

For the images like a couple show as links in the following URL, the answer
is yes:

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/himawari-8.asp

American Samoa Band 13 (10.4 µm)
http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/images/latest/himawari-8/himawari-8_band_13_sector_07.gif

The RGB images are created, for instance, by driving the red gun with an image
that measured in the visible red portion of the spectrum; the green gun
driven by an image in the visible green portion of the spectrum; and the
blue gun driven by an image in the visible blue portion of the spectrum.

I am attaching a pseudo-true color image created by the IDV from MSG 10
imagery for an example (note that I took no pains to make a high resolution
RGB composite, so the example looks crude).

> Kwan
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Kwan,
> >
> > re:
> > > So, do you know if these Himawari Geocolor images at Colorado States
> > > created using McIDAS?
> > >
> > > http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/himawari-8.asp
> >
> > Some of the images shown on this page were definitely produced with
> > McIDAS-X.
> >
> > re:
> > >
> > http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/images/latest_hi_res/himawari-8/full_disk_ahi_true_color.jpg
> >
> > It is hard to tell if this image was created with McIDAS-X, McIDAS-V or
> > some
> > other software package.  I would guess that it was produced with McIDAS-V.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tom
> > --
> >
> > ****************************************************************************
> > Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
> > Program
> > (303) 497-8642                                                 P.O. Box
> > 3000
> > address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
> > 80307

> > Unidata HomePage                       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >
> > ****************************************************************************
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: FIS-581939
> > Department: Support McIDAS
> > NOTE: All email exchanges with Unidata User Support are recorded in the
> > Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through
> > the web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in
> > this way, you must let us know in each email you send to us.

Ticket ID: FIS-581939
Department: Support McIDAS