[McIDAS #AHC-658709]: McIDAS 2015 build issue on Solaris 11.3/Studio 12.3

Hi Robert,

re:
> We could offer a system up for you to test on (my workstation), if that is an
> option.

This is an option that we certainly would take you up on.  It is, of course, not
really a viable long-term "solution".

re:
> am going to take one of my old Solaris servers and but latest CentOS on it
> and run it
> full bore for a campaign and see how it does..so I suppose there is some
> chance I could
> move towards Linux if it does well. However our budget can keep supporting up
> to 8
> Solaris boxes for at least the next 4 years.

We are running CentOS 6 most of our Linux systems here in Unidata.  The
exceptions
are Ubuntu on single board machines (e.g., Raspberry PI, Odroid U3) and VM
instances in "the cloud" (e.g., AWS, Azure).  Our experience has been very good
with pretty much all of these systems.  We are now experimenting with ZFS on
our latest incarnation of lead.unidata.ucar.edu, and we are having some issues
that we have not figured out yet.

Ticket ID: AHC-658709
Department: Support McIDAS