[McIDAS #VTQ-561942]: issue with latest MODIS AEROSOL HDF products on our old mcidas 2009q server

Hi Tyn,

I decided to go back to one of your original emails in this thread and answer
comment on some of what was said...

re:
> I have an issue with the latest MODIS AEROSOL HDF products on our old mcidas
> 2009q server.
>
> Access to server:
> ssh -XvC4c arcfour,blowfish-cbc -o ServerAliveInterval=5 -o
> ServerAliveCountMax=1 address@hidden

This does not work for me either from a login from my Unidata workstation
(which is on a Gbps network), or from inside of my McIDAS development
environment
VM.  The message I get is:

% ssh -XvC4c arcfour,blowfish-cbc -o ServerAliveInterval=5 -o
ServerAliveCountMax=1 address@hidden
OpenSSH_5.3p1, OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Connecting to linux278.itc.utwente.nl [130.89.6.97] port 22.
debug1: connect to address 130.89.6.97 port 22: Connection timed out
ssh: connect to host linux278.itc.utwente.nl port 22: Connection timed out

It is as though my SSH attempt is being blocked by a firewall somewhere.

re:
> Any ideas if the following has been updated:
> mod4aget.cp (see ~/mcidas2009/src/mod4aget.cp)

I just did a diff between the SSEC McIDAS-X v2015.1 version of mod4aget.cp
and the version that is in the most recent Unidata McIDAS-X v2009x release
and the Unidata v2015 release.  The only differences between the SSEC version
and the one that is in both the Unidata releases are (from CHANGES.2015):

  changed 55 occurrences of (void *)sprintf to (void)sprintf

I made the (void *)sprintf to (void)sprintf changes to cut down on the
complaints I would see in the McIDAS make log file.  No other coding
changes were made.

re:
> (perhaps to support HDF compression, integrated in latest install.xcd
> install.xrd sources?)

Nope.  The source code I include in the Unidata release is virtually identical
to what SSEC includes in their release.  Further, I just checked the SSEC
code repository for changes to mod4aget.cp, and the only one made recently
(October 15, 2015) was to modify an error message for an invalid band.  The
most recent change before that was back on January 1, 2007.  I see no mention
of (lack of) support for HDF compression.

> Error message/details below.
>
> NEW MODIS AEROSOL HDF products:
>
> RESOLV.SRV entry:
> N1=MODIS,N2=MOD04_NL,TYPE=IMAGE,RT=N,K=MOD4,R1=1,R2=999999,MASK=/home/mcidas/data/modis/products/MXD04/Netherlands/MOD04*.hdf,C=NL
>  - TERRA/MODIS AEROSOL PROPERTIES,
>
> IDV log:
> cmdout = adde://adde.itc.nl/imagedata?group=MODIS&descr=MXD04_NL&linele=101
> 66&size=203 135&day=2013-01-02&time=12:20:00 12:20:00 I
> &band=1&unit=RAW&mag=1 1 &version=1
> Nov 23, 2015 5:21:51 PM edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.AreaFile <init>
> SEVERE: UGH
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLException: No images satisfy selection
> criteria

I just tried to access the MODIS/MOD04_NL dataset on your ADDE server, and
I get the 'No images satisfy selection criteria' message.  On my second attempt,
I turned on server tracing so there should now be a file named 'trce' in
the mcidas/data directory in the account setup for ADDE service (typically
the user 'mcadde' which in the Unidata setup shares the same HOME directory
as the user 'mcidas').  It would be most useful if I could examine the
trace file to see if I can better understand what is going wrong on the
server. (I would look myself, but I am unable to SSH to your machine).

Ticket ID: VTQ-561942
Department: Support McIDAS