[McIDAS #CDW-655219]: Problem with RTWXTEXT/GFSMOS ?

Hi Matthew,

re:
> I wanted to report that I have noticed that RTWXTEXT is not updating for GFS
> MOS – so
> commands like MOSRPT KMSN list older data looks like from last month.  I am
> using the
> ADDE server on ADDE.UCAR.EDU  If I should be looking at a different server,
> please let
> me know.

The XCD decoder that decodes the GFS MOS data on adde.ucar.edu was dumping core
so
often that we were forced to deactivate it.  The same thing started happening on
adde.ssec.wisc.edu this past weekend, so I was forced to deactivate it also.

I have reactivated the DMMISC data monitor on adde.ucar.edu.  I will be keeping
an eye on it to see if it returns to the core dumping behavior that forced me
to deactivate it previously.

In the interim, you please try pointing RTWXTEXT at atm.ucar.edu or
lead.unidata.ucar.edu as they are both running DMMISC and not core dumping
as regularly as adde.ucar.edu and adde.ssec.wisc.edu were.

Note for file:

adde.ucar.edu, atm.ucar.edu, and adde.ssec.wisc.edu all run Solaris 10
lead.unidata.ucar.edu runs Fedora Linux

re:
> Thanks for looking into this!

Sorry for the problems!