[McIDAS #JAV-781741]: McIDAS-X on Windows or Linux

Hi Kwan,

Sorry for not responding yesterday; it was a day off and I spent the entire
day working on my yard...

re:
> I am attempting to start the McIDAS installation process today.  However, I
> had completely forgotten that there is the login/registration process.  I
> could login to Unidata but the latest McIDAS-X was from 2009.

Don't be fooled by the seemingly old version number for Unidata McIDAS-X.
Unidata McIDAS-X v2009x (x = a, b, ...) contains all SSEC McIDAs-X/-XCD
updates and bugfixes up to their v2014.1 release.  I have a v2014 release
available, but the only difference between it and the latest v2009 release
is new code/calibration values for METEOSAT-10.  Also, SSEC just released
v2015.1, and the only change between it and their v2014.1 release is the
addition of an ADDE server for Himawari (Japanese satellite) imagery.
I will be incorporating the Himawari code in my v2014 release and re-labeling
it v2015 in the next one to two weeks.

re:
> I also saw
> this page from SSEC: http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/x/  They seem
> to have a different login process, right?

Correct.  And, to get SSEC McIDAS-X you would have to join the McIDAS User's
Group (MUG) in SSEC, and that would require paying yearly fees that I think
are now on the order of $5k.

Ticket ID: JAV-781741
Department: Support McIDAS