[McIDAS #PGM-225093]: Re: [gembud] 20150405: motherlode.ucar.edu is down and ETA for return to service is unknown

Hi Bredon,

re:
> It's been a few days, any estimate on when motherlode will return to
> service?

motherlode has been worked on extensively, and has been
returned to (not yet full) service as motherlode.unidata.ucar.edu.
ADDE requests to motherlode.ucar.edu are being 'bent piped'
(redirected) to motherlode.unidata.ucar.edu instead of atm.ucar.edu,
so your access to the RTWXTEXT dataset should work now.  Please
let us know if you continue to have problems.

re:
> Currently, I'm unable to use McIDAS to plot meteograms.  I
> tried changing RTWXTEXT to the other servers listed:
>
> > atm.ucar.edu
> > idd.ssec.wisc.edu
> > lead.unidata.ucar.edu
> > weather.rsmas.miami.edu
>

> I did a DATALOC ADD RTWXTEXT ATM.UCAR.EDU
>
> None of them seem to work.

The data for meteorograms come from the RTPTSRC dataset,
not RTWXTEXT, so please change your data pointing for
RTPTSRC:

DATALOC ADD RTPTSRC <alternate ADDE server>

Ticket ID: PGM-225093
Department: Support McIDAS