[McIDAS #CNA-970101]: METEOSAT 10 Imgcopy problem

Hi Heather,

re:
> Okay, now this is really  weird.  I copied the data to npxcd, so that you
> could log on
> and test it.  Well, everything worked fine on npxcd!

Interesting!

re:
> I put the data in /usr/local/ldm/MSG.  I looked at it as user mcidas,
> everything looked
> perfect!  I am using mcidasx-2009q.

OK, that is the same version of 2009 that I tested on here (along with v2014).

re:
> However, we are doing the imgcopy on a different machine: fsoc1.  This is
> also the
> machine that I am doing my remapping. fsoc1 is running mcidasx-2009n, and
> that is where
> we are seeing the problems.  Now I feel like I am going crazy!!  On that
> machine, my
> data is is in /d2/MSG/2014.  Do you think it could be something with the
> mcidasx
> versions?

I just looked through the README file that details changes in Unidata McIDAS-X
versions, and I see the following changes implemented in v2009o from v2009n:

20130515: Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD v2009o

          mcidas2009/src
          CHANGES.2009          - details changes in v2009o and previous

          kbxmsg.dlm            - mods for METEOSAT 10 imagery
          msgtaget2.for         - mods for METEOSAT 10 imagery
          msgtutil.for          - mods for METEOSAT 10 imagery
          kbxmtst.dlm           - mods for MTSAT imagery
          mtstadir2.for         - mods for MTSAT imagery
          mtstaget2.for         - mods for MTSAT imagery

          mcidas2009/data
          VERSION.TXT           - UPC v2009o version

Given that all of the changes were related to METEOSAT imagery, this must
be the cause of the problems you are seeing on fsoc1.

re:
> Which 2009 version are you running?

v2009q and v2014.

re:
> I can update my mcidas on fsoc1 to 2009q and see what happens then.

That should fix the current problem.

re:
> Unfortunately, I just got an important customer task that needs to be
> completed before
> my vacation and cannot put a lot of time on this today or tomorrow, but I
> will have time
> next week to update the mcidas version on fsoc1 and test.

Very good.

re:
> I appreciate any input.  Feel free to log on tonite, and feel free to call me
> with any
> questions xxx-xxx-xxxx.  I am logging off soon!

Even though upgrading to the latest 2009 release should fix your problem, I will
still login mainly to grab your NOAAPort ingest stats (I did not login last
night).

re:
> Thanks for your help!!

No worries.