[McIDAS #PVD-593650]: using ADT in McIDAS-X

Hi,

re:
> I'm user of your program McIDAS-X 2009.
>
> When I'm McIDAS-X 2009, the 7.2.2. version of ADT is built.  But,
> as I knew from CIMSS hompage, the current version of ADT is 8.1.4.
> so I want to update McIDAS-X's ADT to the new vesion.

OK.  Just so you know, the McIDAS folks in UW's Space Science and Engineering
Center (SSEC) are the ones that bundled ADT with McIDAS-X.  I do not know
what, if any, modifications they made to the code so that it would work
withing the McIDAS-X environment.

re:
> I already downloaded the new version of ADT from CIMSS homepage.  and,
> could you tell me what can I do for updating the new version of ADT
> McIDAS-X next??,

This is a good question.  In order to judge if/how the latest ADT code
can be used in replacement of the version that is bundled with McIDAS-X,
I have just sent a signed license agreement for institutional (UCAR/Unidata)
use of the ADT code to imothy Olander.  If the license application is
approved, I will download the code and see what it may take to integrate
it in McIDAS-X.

Please be aware that we could be advised that our (UCAR/Unidata) request
for access to the latest ADT code could be denied.

re:
> thanks for your help

No worries.

Ticket ID: PVD-593650