[McIDAS #SPD-261945]: Mcidas Install

Hi Heather,

re:
> That is weird about the mcidas install ...  I guess it is probably better to
> have the
> updated compiler anyway though on the new machine.

Having the most up to date compilers is usually a good thing unless, of course,
new version has a bug :-)

re:
> I will wait until the new ldm version is released.  No point in installing an
> older ldm
> and then just having to upgrade.  Will you please let me know when it is
> available?  I
> can set up my environments and directories now while I wait.

LDM v6.12.6 was just released.  It can be downloaded from our ftp server in
the manner that I indicated previously:

ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
   <user> anonymous
   <pass> your_email_address
   cd pub/ldm
   bin
   get ldm-6.12.6.tar.gz
   quit

etc.

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.

I am planning on sending out an email to the ldm-users and noaaport
email lists outline what our ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf configuration is for
the new NOAAPort broadcast.  Whether this happens today or tomorrow
morning sometime is a function of what other fires have to be put out
around here this afternoon...

Ticket ID: SPD-261945
Department: Support McIDAS