[McIDAS #GYT-719991]: Interesting batch file errors

Hi Paul,

re: a possible cause for what is unexpectedly happening is files that
should be written to a subdirectory of ~/.mctmp are actually in one
or more other directories in the MCPATH that is in scope when the
script runs

> Hmmmm...this could be. I could set a new mctmp, no? Maybe one per batch
> file that is being run?

No, the problem is not with ~/.mctmp.  The problem _could_ be that
one or more files that should be created and used from a subdirectory
of ~/.mctmp are in a directly like the one specified as the MCDATA
directory.

re: would you like me to log in and poke around?

> Yes. How do I get you the password?

You could send me the password ** without reference to the account or
machine to which it is valid ** to my Unidata email address,
address@hidden, or you could let me know the login
credentials by phone (work number is 303.497.8642).

Ticket ID: GYT-719991
Department: Support McIDAS