[McIDAS #TSV-261063]: Using McIDAS-V to access SSEC's Open Archive

Hi Jane,

re:
> I'm using one of the computers in the Met lab. I made the changes you
> suggested and was able to connect to all 3 servers (adde.ucar.edu,
> atm.ucar.edu, and adde.ssec.wisc.edu) with the  RTIMAGES.

Very good.  This means that I can stage and serve images, and you
will be able to access them.

re:
> If I change the
> datasets to the OGOES11 and OGOES15, it gives me errors.

While at the same time changing the server to geoarc.ssec.wisc.edu?

Question:

- does the contents of your Edit Remote Dataset window look like the
  image I attached?

re:
> Please help
> because I need these imageries for Wednesday's presentation.

No worries, we will get you going.  First, let's see if we can get
your McIDAS-V session correctly accessing the geoarc.ssec.wisc.edu
archives.  This would be the best option for you since you would
be able to generate displays whenever it is convenient for you.

If accessing the geoarc.ssec.wisc.edu archives continues to not
work, please provide complete details on the imagery that you
want/need for your presentation Wednesday.

Complete information needs to include:

- day(s) range
- wavelength channel(s) (I think you mentioned VIS, WV and IR)
- areal coverage desired (a Lat,Lon bounding box would be great)
- if you are looking to do animations, I need to know how
  long they should be (i.e., server hours; several days)
- resolution of the image(s)

re:
> Thank you very much!

No worries.