[McIDAS #TSV-261063]: Hi

Hi Jane,

re:
> The IP address that I actually gave you is from the Meteorology department
> laptop I'm using.

OK, but it is still a non-routable address, and that will
cause problems.

re:
> But I connect to the internet through the school server.

Yes, but it is probably via DHCP (dynamic address, not static).
If you connected to the wired network in the lab, it is more
likely that the laptop would get a static IP address (but
not guaranteed).

re:
> So, here's what I'm thinking. This is the IP address from one of the
> computers in the department lab.
>
> IPv4 Address:           130.65.97.165
>
> Hope this helps!

This will help, but I just got a reply back from Jerry (Data
Center head):

  Regarding the multiple ip addresses:
  This was the gotcha we knew could be an issue. (The python interface
  we are working in will have a "key" access.)  I'm not next to a computer
  right now, but we can set up something in the morning. I'll let you know.

So, there may be a way that could enable the use of the laptop
even if it gets a dynamic/local address assigned to it; we should
know tomorrow morning.  If this approach does not pan out, then
I suggest you resubmit a request for Open Archive access using
the static IP address for the non-roving machine in the Met lab.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, we will figure out something
to get you going!

Ticket ID: TSV-261063
Department: Support McIDAS