[McIDAS #TTI-427756]: McIDAS linking problems on Mac OS X: subroutine/symbol cblank in plotsub.for undefined

Hi David,

re:
> I am trying to build Mcidas-X 2009 (your release) on an intel (xeon) mac
> running snow leopard
> using the latest GCC compiler release.
>
> I have downloaded the source and was using "make mcx" and all was compiling
> smoothly until
> I hit a linker error trying to link advdisp.k, which originated from a
> reference to symbol _cblank_
> in plotsub.o.
>
> Looking at plotsub.for, line 123 is "call cblank(cstr)"
> but cblank is not defined within plotsub.for nor in any of the other source
> files as far as I can see.

Hmm...  You are correct; I can not find a 'cblank' entry point anywhere in
libmcidas.a.
This is bewildering given that advdisp.k links correctly under Linux.

re:
> Can you advise how best to proceed?

The following should get you going until I release the Unidata McIDAS addendum
(update)
that I have been working on:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~/mcidas2009/src

-- edit makefile and comment out the lines that reference advdisp:

approx. line 7065:

change:

                       advdisp.pgm     \

to:

#                       advdisp.pgm     \

approx. lines 7108:

change:

advdisp.k              : advdisp.o $(LIBDEPS)
                       @$(L) -o $@ $(main_o) advdisp.o $(LIBARGS)

to:

#advdisp.k              : advdisp.o $(LIBDEPS)
#                       @$(L) -o $@ $(main_o) advdisp.o $(LIBARGS)

- restart your build:

make

OR