[McIDAS #BIV-304017]: ADDE Nowrad & IDV

Hi Marty,

re:
> I have some Nowrad data (I think) that I am trying to serve via ADDE and
> load into IDV.
>
> I issued (in a script file):
>
> dsserve.k ADD SANDYII/2KM NOWR TYPE=IMAGE
> DIRFILE=/ldmdata/casedata/sandy/nexrad/USRAD/2km/NOW/\*    \"2 km US radar
> summary

OK.  The type NOWR indicates that the images are the WSI radar composites.
Is this the correct type of the images you have, or are they the composites
that we send in the IDD FNEXRAD feed?  The images that we send in FNEXRAD
are of type GINI.

re:
> and the files appear in the IDV image chooser section.
>
> When I load them in, I don't get a reasonable range of values and
> associated color scale, something is not right. Is this an IDV problem or
> am I not serving the data properly in ADDE?

I would not expect that files of type GINI would result in any display
if the ADDE dataset was specified as NOWR.

re:
> I've attached a couple of files for you to look at. If I load these as
> local files as type "GINI", it loads in fine.

If the images load as type GINI from local storage, I would assume that
the ADDE dataset needs to be reated using the GINI type, not NOWR.

Unfortunately, I can not test the files you attached since I am in Baja
and I did not bring a computer on which I can run the IDV or McIDAS-X
(I a using my Google Nexus 7 tablet on this trip).

Please try redefining your dataset using type GINI if the images are
saves of products sent in the Unidata-Wisconsin datasream.  If they
are, in fact, WSI radar composites, we will need to take a look using
the IDV to see what is going on.

Ticket ID: BIV-304017
Department: Support McIDAS