[McIDAS #FEJ-259654]: Question on McIDAS download

Hi David,

re:
> I am looking to download McIDAS-X for my work. Has this been removed from
> Unidata? Please confirm.

No, we still offer Unidata McIDAS-X as one of our supported software
packages.  Please remember that you must login to our website before
you will be granted access to the Downloads section of our website.
In addition, our license with the University of Wisconsin (UW) Space
Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) to distribute McIDAS-X limits
us to making the package available to educational institutions.  Since
you indicate that you are with the Byrd Polar Research Center at
The Ohio State University, you are entitled to access McIDAS-X from
us.  If you are unable to download McIDAS-X after logging onto our
website, it may be the case that the email address you used when
registering with our site does not have an '.edu' suffix.  In this
case, we will need to add you (your email address, that is) to a
list of non-'.edu' users that is allowed access to McIDAS-X.  Please
let us know if this is, in fact, the case.

Ticket ID: FEJ-259654
Department: Support McIDAS