[McIDAS #PTN-814666]: McIDAS Build under Centos 6.4 64 bit stops at mnmx.for

Hi Brendon,

re:
> Trying to install mcidas 2009 on a new server running Centos 6.4 64 bit.

This should work fine... this is the same version of CentOS that is
running on my Unidata development machine AND in my VMware virtual
machine on my Windows 7 laptop (which also happens to be my primary
development environment).

re:
> When I run 'make all', compilation goes ok until it hits mnmx.for,
> then dies.  makelog enclosed.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is a problem with the Fortran compiler you are using.  I am
using:

% gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-3)

GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING

and I do not encounter this problem.

Question:

- what Fortran compiler are you using?

  If it is an older version of gfortran, you should upgrade it.
  Quite frankly I would be surprised if the version of gfortran
  were significantly different from the version I am running...
  I installed gcc, gcc-c++ and gcc-gfortran from CentOS yum (RPM)
  repositories, so they should be pretty much standard (meaning
  that I didn't jump through any hoops to get things working under
  CentOS 6.4 x86_64).

Ticket ID: PTN-814666
Department: Support McIDAS