[McIDAS #OML-476161]: grant access please

Hi Andrej,

re:
> my name Andrej Barkhatov, i am a programmer from Typhoon Assoc.,
> Obninsk, Russia. (http://www.typhoon.obninsk.ru/english/main.htm)
>
> i am working on the SAFNWC software of EUMETSAT (legally licensed).

I am familiar with the excellent software that the EUMETSAT SAFs
have developed.

re:
> In some principal cases, Europeans use McIDAS.
>
> Eg. in PEG05 module they use McIDAS for making a lookup table for
> radar-satellite rain rate conversion.
>
> Could you please give me access to the source code of McIDAS ?
> I know, there is Java based code of version V, but i am C-programmer...
>
> Typhoon Assoc. is not intend to sold software on the free market,
> we are working for the state organizations only.

I would love to be able to give access to McIDAS-X to the
many international users that have requested it.  Unfortunately,
our license with the owners of McIDAS-X, the Space Science and
Engineering Center (SSEC) of the University of Wisconsin (UW),
to distribute our version of the package, Unidata McIDAS-X, limits
us to support of educational institutions.  Moreover, when those
educational institutions are outside of the U.S., they have to
state that their user of McIDAS-X will be in support of students
working on degrees.

Because of these restrictions, you will need to contact the
McIDAS User's Group (MUG) folks at UW/SSEC to get access to
McIDAS-X source.  The best contact for this is:

address@hidden

Again, I am really sorry that we can not allow you access to
Unidata McIDAS-X.  The only way that we could offer you access
to the code would be if UW/SSEC told us that it was OK to grant
you access.

re:
> All the best.

Thanks; the same for you!