[McIDAS #PUK-279164]: Exporting Latitude and Longitude data

Hi Abhnil,

re:
> I am new to McIDAS software. I have a quick question. How easy is it
> to export a McIDAS Area file into netcdf?

The process is one of copying from images in an AREA format dataset
to images in a netCDF format dataset.  This is accomplished by:

- create an output dataset of type NCDF

- create a dataset consisting of images in AREA format

- use IMGCOPY to copy from the input dataset to the output
  dataset

The McIDAS commands that you need to become familiar with are:

DSSERVE - create datasets
DSINFO  - inspect datasets
IMGCOPY - copy from one dataset to another

Please review the HELP for DSSERVE either in a McIDAS-X session
to familiarize yourself with defining datasets.  The section on
DSSERVE in the McIDAS-X User's Guide would be most helpful:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> McIDAS
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas

    Documentation
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/#documentation

      Users Guide
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/toc.html

Help for commands is most readily found:

      Commands by Alphabetical Order

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/CommandsbyAlphabeticalOrder.html

re:
> The netcdf file should also include the Latitude and Longitude data for each
> pixel.

This is the default for netCDF form output in McIDAS-X.

Ticket ID: PUK-279164
Department: Support McIDAS