[McIDAS #ECE-924432]: Creating and populating a local ADDE server

Hi Kevin,

re: McIDAS decoding on derecho
> It's looking good now, Tom ... thanks!

Excellent, I'm glad to hear that things are working now!

re:
> I do, however, have a question about the archive point data source available
> at
> adde.ucar.edu in IDV.  When I select "Archived Surface Data", and select the
> "Absolute"
> tab to bring up the time slider, only the times from the current day are able
> to be
> selected.  Perhaps this is an IDV problem, not with the ADDE server?

This is definitely an IDV thing.  McIDAS-X can access any day from the POINT
archive (and ask for spatial/temporal/parameter subsets).  I asked Don about
this once, but I don't remember what he said about why things were done the
way that they are done.

re:
> How's the snow?

Here in Boulder things are not bad.  It is still snowing, but the roads are
warm enough that they are just wet.  The roads up to my house (Canyon,
Sugar Loaf Rd, Primos and Nightshade) are, on the other hand very bad, or,
at least they were when I drove down this morning.  I am definitely not
looking forward to the drive home this evening :-(

Let me know if you decide to install McIDAS decoding/serving on your
central server.  I should be able to help you get through the installation
and configurations with no drama :-)

Ticket ID: ECE-924432
Department: Support McIDAS