[McIDAS #KUF-449541]: Verification about the effective radius image. and other questions

Hi Rod,

re: which line is your range and bearing tool?

> It's the green line.

OK.

re:
> How does it touch 5 pixels and not 2? I only see two
> distinct pixels colors. Can you explain that part to me.

The line touches/intersects 5 pixels.  There are only two
different pixel values in the 5 touched/intersected, however.
If you were to use the pixels to do some statistics, you would
need to include all 5 in your calculation.

re:
> The red line is the cross sectional area for the radar.

OK, that is what I originally thought, but when I brought up a range
and bearing tool, the line I see in my IDV instance has three identifiable
points:

plus sign  - one end
triangle   - the middle
filled box - the other end

re: I assume that the storm motion would always be referred to like
wind speeds: a wind of 270 degrees is coming directly out of the west.
Is this what you are asking?

> Yes I am trying to relate the storm motion in degrees is what I should set
> the azimuth angle? If my interpretation is correct?

Yes, I believe so.

Ticket ID: KUF-449541
Department: Support McIDAS