[McIDAS #MPH-556293]: Error building mcidas2009 distribution

Hi Angel,

re:
> Now it looks very clear, the installation of extra packages and
> libraries is very easy and save with a specific opensuse application called
> Yast.

I have used Yast before in my older OpenSuSE VMware virtual machine.  I
prefer 'yum' (which works with RPMs), but that is simply a presonal
preference.

re:
> I had to instal the libXext-devel as you said and later the ncurses-devel
> package caused to an error due to the lack of the curses.h library.

Your experience is not unusual.  Depending how completely an OS installation
of development packages is, one might have to install a number of packages
** including some fonts **.  Exactly which packages need to be installed
is totally dependent on the state of a user's machine.

Speaking of fonts:  you may need to install some X fonts to make things
work correctly (that is, look good) in McIDAS.  I can send you the
list of fonts that I installed in my CentOS environment if you see
anything strange looking when you run McIDAS interactively on your
machine.

re:
> The built arrived to the end with a terminal message:
>
> ##########################################
> jue feb 28 09:03:57 WET 2013: BUILD END
> ##########################################
> Then I built the distribution with any error message.

Looks good!

re:
> make install
>
> Now the distribution is instaled all I have to do is the configuration
> of the other users environment profiles to in order to be able to execute
> the mcidas gui and commands.

Very good.

Ticket ID: MPH-556293
Department: Support McIDAS