[McIDAS #GHF-649340]: Question about creating another GROUP/Descriptor for IR

Hi Rod,

re:
> Ok I was able to produce that image with the modification made on the
> first line and kept how I did it for the remaining code.

Very good.

re:
> However, I dont know how to change the frame size?

Here is the blurb I sent you back on July 31:

  Finally, I would strongly recommend that you start your McIDAS-X session
  with much larger frames.  This is accomplished either by specifing
  more lines and elements when starting ('mcidas -config') or by brute
  force by editing the file ~/.mcidasrc and changing the uncommented
  '-f ' line and then starting McIDAS.  For starters, I would suggest
  frame sizes of 800 x 1000 (lines x elements).  This should be no problem
  for your screen since I see that your snapshot captures are all 1600x1200.

You change the -f option in /home/rod/.mcidasrc using your favorite text
editor.  For the current purpose, you will be making the frame size smaller,
not larger, but the procedure is the same.  For example, the active frame
setting in /home/rod/.mcidasrc is currently:

-f 16@700x932

This says to create 16 frames that are each 700 lines high by 932 elements
wide.  Since the remapped images you are creating are each 320x320, you
will want to create the frames with smaller sizes.  I suggest first trying:

-f 16@370x320

I added more 50 more lines than the size of your images to account for
the image label that will be written to the bottom of each frame.

Comments:

- after changing the frame size, you may need to change your GRAYOVER
  invocation to position its label in the correct spot vertically

- you will undoubtedly need to tweak the size of the frames to get just
  what you want

  Do this by:

  - EXIT any running McIDAS-X session

  - modify the -f setting in /home/rod/.mcidasrc

  - change the MAG= setting on the IMGDISP invocations in
    your BATCH file to load at full resolution, MAG=1

  - start a new McIDAS session

  - run your BATCH file to see if it is to your liking; if
    is not, tweak the -f setting in /home/rod/.mcidasrc and
    try again

re:
> From what I recall
> the MAG can be changed? Is that what you are talking about?

No, I was talking about changing the size of the McIDAS frame in
which you will display (IMGDISP) the three images in the BATCH
file.  See above.

re:
> To manipulate that MAG factor?

You will want to set MAG=1 in all IMGDISP invocations in your
BATCH file to eliminate pixelization.

Ticket ID: GHF-649340
Department: Support McIDAS