[McIDAS #JKQ-991036]: Re: MCIDAS Grayscale Question

Hi Rod,

re:
> That's ok! You helped me out on the ASCII files which is way more important
> at this moment. I will wait until Thursday for examples because I am
> confused with some parts like the RANGE?

I finally got a few minutes to focus on your efforts...

re:
> At least I can show the ASCII files but I am curious to see how IMGOLAY or
> FRMOLAY works because I feel that those commands can overlay images.

After thinking about what you are trying to do recreate a display originally
created by Dan Lindsey), I decided that IMGOLAY/FRMOLAY are not the correct
things to use since the display created using either of them will not look
like Dan's display.  Instead, what is needed is to create a new image (AREA
file) that contains both the Effective Radius information and the VISible
image data.  This is accomplished using the IMGFILT command.

re:
> Otherwise there is really no point in using that legend table in my
> opinion. If nothing can be overlayed.

The GRAYOVER bar and labeling do make sense for a merged image.

re:
> At any rate we can talk more about this on Thursday?

Well, it is now Friday, so Thursday is out :-)  But, I created a new
McIDAS BATCH file, EFFRAD2.BAT, that does everything I think that you
want.  Please test it out and see what you think.

NB:

- I copied over my version of CLW4.ET to your $MCDATA directory.  I
  think that this overwrote your file, so you may need to tweak the
  new CLW4.ET enhancement.

- I have attached my version of EFFRAD2.BAT (named EFFRAD.BAT) to this email
  so that anyone else reading the exchange will be able to see the techniques
  used in the BATCH file.  You do _not_ need to extract this attachment since
  I already copied it to your $MCDATA directory AND modified that copy to use
  the datasets that you use (e.g., G13/ERAD27APR11, LOC/AREAS, etc.).

Ticket ID: JKQ-991036
Department: Support McIDAS