[McIDAS #BJT-176673]: Question about displaying the Satellite Image On McIDAS-X

Hi,

re:
> *Ok here's what I did. It worked but didnt do the following.
>
> Since I have LOC/AREAS directory. I did the following...
> SO HERE'S WHAT I DID:
>
> IMGCOPY G13/VIS27APR11.29 LOC/AREAS.3000 LATLON=33 87 MAG=1 -2 REFRESH
> ='EG;MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL;MAP COUNTY= ALL STATE=MS AL GA MCOL=8' SIZE=500 750

OK.  The relevant portions of this invocation are:

IMGCOPY G13/VIS27APR11.29 LOC/AREAS.3000 LATLON=33 87 MAG=1 -2 SIZE=500 750

The REFRESH= keyword construct is only valid for the IMGDISP command.  It
is ignored in this IMGCOPY command invocation.

re:
> Now taking a look of the image created:
>
> IMGLIST LOC/AREAS.3000 FORM=ALL *

What was the output of the IMGLIST invocation, no output was included in
your email.

re:
> Now, remapping one of my effective radius images into the first copy:*
> *
> IMGREMAP G13/EFFRAD.56 LOC/AREAS.3000 SSIZE=ALL*

OK.

re:
> *Take a look at the result of the remap:
>
> IMGLIST LOC/AREAS.3000 FORM=ALL*

Again, no output from your IMGLIST invocation was included.

re:

> *I guess the IMGCHA* *will be shown later....
>
> Finally...
>
> IMGDISP LOC/AREAS.3000 LATLON=33 87*
>
> *THEN I DID THIS:
>
> EU REST CLW2
>
> The resulting image below.  See Image 10.

OK.

re:
> It still didnt produce the counties with the overlaid satellite/effective
> radius images.

The MAP can be put on by running the MAP command as a separate invocation
or by including the running of MAP in the REFRESH= clause of IMGDISP.
Here are two examples that should result in the exact same display:

Example 1: include the running of MAP in the REFRESH= clause in an
IMGDISP invocation AND tell IMGDISP to load the CLW2 enhancement:

IMGDISP LOC/AREAS.3000 LATLON=33 87 EU=CLW2 REFRESH='EG;MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL;MAP
COUNTY= ALL STATE=MS AL GA MCOL=8'

Example 2: run the MAP and EU commands after the image has been loaded
by IMGDISP:

IMGDISP LOC/AREAS.3000 LATLON=33 87
EU REST CLW2
MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL
MAP COUNTY=ALL STATE=MS AL GA MCOL=8

re:
> Also here's the EU LIST CLW2
>

> EU LIST CLW2
>
> PERM      SIZE LAST CHANGED FILENAME DIRECTORY
> ---- --------- ------------ -------- ---------
> -rw-      3268 Jul 13 12:05 CLW2.ET
> /home/rod/mcidas/data
> 3268 bytes in 1 files
> EU: Done

Sorry, I incorrectly asked you for an EU LIST of CLW2.  What I need is the
output from:

EU TABLE CLW2

re:
> Dont see where to go from here.

Please review the two example IMGDISP invocations above and
let me know if they work for you.

Also, will you be able to make the images you are working with
available to me so I can help more?

Ticket ID: BJT-176673
Department: Support McIDAS