[McIDAS #BJT-176673]: Question about displaying the Satellite Image On McIDAS-X

Hi,

re:
> The reason I ask this is because I want do something like what was done on
> this paper. Using the same criteria. Would I be able to do that later on?

Yes, you should be able to do this after learning more about how to
use McIDAS.

re:
> FIG. 1. GOES-12 3.9-?m reflectivity for brightness temperatures less than
> ?40°C (in colors), and 10.7 ?m (gray shades) for brightness temperatures
> greater than
> ?40°C for (a) 2345 UTC 6 Jun 2005 and (b) 2315 UTC 18 Jun 2003. Warmer colors
> indicate
> cold cloud tops with larger 3.9-?m reflectivity values.

This figure seems to represent a combination of the 3.9 um and 10.7 um channels
from GOES-12, such as can be produced by the IMGOPER command.  The first
question
that needs to be answered is how the two wavelength channels were combined
to produce the composite.  Does the article that the figure comes from describe
how the author combined the wavelength channels?

Second question, what is the reference for the paper you are referring to?

Ticket ID: BJT-176673
Department: Support McIDAS