[McIDAS #JCY-277961]: McIdas ADDE server problem

Hi Mark,

re:
> I'm trying to get the ADDE server on our ldm host (omega.lsc.vsc.edu)
> to work properly but have run into some difficulty. I'm using IDV 3.0u2
> to test the connection but cannot get the server to return any available
> datasets or actual data. (Other remote ADDE servers work as expected in
> the IDV.) It has been a long time since I've worked with Mcidas much so
> I may be missing something obvious. I've tried to look at the SERVER.LOG
> file but the contents seem to have some binary data in them.
>
> # cat SERVER.LOG
> ?*(p?*Widv txtgnull null FILE=PUBLIC.SRV TRACE=0 VERSION=1
> ??-?"?"?*(p?*Widv txtgnull null FILE=SATBAND TRACE=0 VERSION=1
> ?z?-?"?"?*(p?*Widv lwprALA.null VERSION=1 ?-?"?"?*(p?*Widv txtgnull null
> FILE=PUBLIC.SRV TRACE=0 VERSION=1 ??-?X?X?*(p?*Widv txtgnull null
> FILE=SATBAND TRACE=0 VERSION=1 ?z?-?X?X?*(p?*Widv lwprALA.null VERSION=1
> ?-?X?X
>
> Where do I start to resolve this? Thanks.

First, please let me know the fully-qualified name of the machine on which
you are running the ADDE server.  I will see what I can see by trying to
access that server using McIDAS-X.  If I run into problems, I may be able
to provide you information on what else needs to be done to the ADDE/system
setup to get things working.  If I am not able to do this, I may ask you
for a login to the machine (as 'mcidas' and possibly with 'root' access)
so I can review the setup to make sure that everything is as it should
be.

Ticket ID: JCY-277961
Department: Support McIDAS