[McIDAS #CWC-204890]: Software download

Hi Adia,

re:
> once again thanks for all. i have returned back to my station and i
> have been trying to get the software downloaded.  From the what i pasted
> at the bottom, i wish to know if am on que in the process of downloading
> the software i.e i download the distributions.

I added you (your email address) to the list of people who have non-.edu
email addresses that they used to register with the Unidata website that
are allowed to download Unidata McIDAS.  The email address I added to
the exceptions list is:

address@hidden

In order to download Unidata McIDAS-X, you first need to login to our website
using this email address, and then proceed to the Download page for
McIDAS.

NB: I _STRONGLY_ recommend that you use source code distribution of McIDAS
and build the executables on a *nix (Unix, Linux) system.  I do not actively
maintain the Windows distribution of McIDAS-X since literally nobody in the
Unidata community uses it (in order to use the Windows distribution, one
has to install an Xwindows package in Windows, and other things that are
not all that easy to accomplish).

Question:

- did you have problems downloading the source code distribution after
  logging into our website?

Ticket ID: CWC-204890
Department: Support McIDAS