[McIDAS #IWJ-443798]: MCIDAS Software Upgrade at NGC

Hi Martha,

re:
> I have made the changes you suggest below, turned off DMNEXR, and stopped and
> started LDM

Very good.

re:
> However, we are still not filing data.

I would assume at this point that the reason you are not FILEing the NEXRAD
Level III data is that you are not receiving the NEXRAD Level III data.  Given
this, the first thing I would do is:

<as 'ldm' on noaapxcd>
notifyme -vl- -f NEXRAD3 -o 3600

Does 'notifyme' show that you are receiving products in the NEXRAD3 datastream?
(NB: if your LDM is old, you should use NNEXRAD for the datastream name.)

If no, you need to investigate what is going on on noaapnew.it-protect.com.

If yes, then you need to put the invocation of 'pqact' that is supposed
to be processing the NEXRAD3 data into verbose logging:

ps -fu ldm

-- get the process ID for the 'pqact' invocation that is using the
   ~ldmd/etc/pqact.conf_nnexrad_file pattern-action file

kill -USR2 <pid you found>

less ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log

What do the log messages say?

re:
> I am attaching the pqact and ldmd.conf file, as well as the ldmd.log and
> start_xcd.log.

These all look OK.

re:
> And the directory /data/nexrad exists (it is the directory we have been
> writing the data to for donkey's years)
> and LDMHOME is definitely defined.

Your FILE action is writing into ~ldm/data/nexrad/...  I have no idea if this
is the
same as /data/nexrad on your machine.

re:
> Randy thinks our network issues may be to blame. Is that possible?

If you are getting products on the other feeds, then I would say that the answer
is no.

re:
> I will note that the nexrad-related
> CFG files in /home/mcidas/workdata, used with DMNEXR, seem to me to be
> correct.

Let's stay focused on the LDM processing of the data.  We can address the DMNEXR
processing after we get to the bottom of the current setup.

re:
> Any advice you can offer will be much appreciated.

I would say that there are a couple of possibilities:

- products are being FILEed under ~ldm/data/nexrad but you are looking for
  them elsewhere

- the definition of LDMHOME when you first ran 'configure' for your LDM
  installation is pointing somewhere else other than ~ldm

  This is important because the definition of LDMHOME when you run 'configure'
  sets the directory to which things are change rooted for LDM invocations.

- you are not actually receiving NEXRAD Level III products on noaaportxcd

Ticket ID: IWJ-443798
Department: Support McIDAS