[McIDAS #BLE-176037]: enhancements for dual pol

Hi Paul,

re:
> Greetings and happy new year!

The same to you!

re:
> Here is an interesting one.
> kickoff shell
> ____________
> #!/bin/sh
>
> SHELL=sh
> export SHELL
>
> # Set environment variables using Bourne shell syntax
>
> MCHOME=/home/mcidas
> MCDATA=$MCHOME/workdata
>
> MCPATH=${MCDATA}:$MCHOME/data:$MCHOME/help:$MCHOME/workdata:$MCHOME/batches:$MCHOME/bin
>
> MCLOG=$MCHOME/logs/singlesite.log
> MCTABLE_READ="${MCHOME}/data/ADDESITE.TXT"
>
> PATH=$MCHOME/bin:$PATH
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/lib:$MCHOME/lib:/usr/lib
>
> # export the environment variables so that they can be used
>
> export MCHOME MCDATA MCPATH MCTABLE_READ PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> # set logging of stdin and stdout to $MCLOG
>
> exec 2>$MCLOG 1>&2
> #exec 2>$MCLOG 2>&1
> #exec 2>/dev/null 1>&2
>
> # cd to $MCDATA and run the script whose name was passed in on the command
> line
>
> cd $MCDATA
> mcenv -f 2@900x900  -g 16 << EOF
> batch.k /home/mcidas/paulsbatches/SINGLESITE.BAT
> exit
> EOF
> _____________

This all looks OK to me.

re:
> Command line in SINGLESITE.BAT
> IMGDISP RTNEXRAD/N0X 2 ID=CLE STATION=CLE PLACE=C MAG=-2 EU=BREF

Nothing special here.

re:
> error
> EU: Enhancement could not be done for frame  2

Hmm... the 'could not be done' warning suggests to me that the problem is
that one or more McIDAS scripts has run incorrectly and ended up leaving
Frame files that should be transitory in directories where they shouldn't
be.  Do the following to see if this may be true:

- look for FrameN.M (e.g., Frame1.0, Frame2.0, etc.) in the directories
  in your defined MCPATH

  These files should only exist in the ~/.mctmp/nnnnnn directory(ies),
  AND they should get removed automatically each time a McIDAS session
  (a script running McIDAS commands creates a session just like bringing
  up an interactive McIDAS session).  If you find these files anywhere
  but in ~/.mctmp/nnnnnn, you need to delete them.

- there are several other files that may exist in directories where they
  shouldn't:

  FRAMED
  FRAMENH.001
  TERMCHAR.001
  GRAPHICS.KEY

  You need to check and delete these in the same way as for the FrameN.M files.

re:
> If I use BREF it runs...

Given the SINGLESITE.BAT content you included above, I don't understand this
comment since the enhancement is specified as BREF.  Can you explain more fully?

re:
> i also tried DPRE and the same error occurred.

The inability to load any enhancement in a frame which should exist suggests
the problem I outlined above.

Ticket ID: BLE-176037
Department: Support McIDAS