[McIDAS #DXH-400982]: AREA max number limitation

Hi Mary Ellen,

re:
> So, if the temperature values for the G15 data are off then it's a no
> brainer that we'll need a software upgrade regardless of the IMGREMAP issue.

Correct.

re:
> Is this a result of the calibration coefficient being incorrect in the
> version we're running?

Yes, the calibration coefficients included in Unidata McIDAS-X v2009 previous
to the one I am putting together now were estimates/preliminary values provided
to SSEC.  The coefficients have been updated to match the operational GOES-15.

re:
> Note, there are no permission issues in the directories as we have tested
> this on several different machines and users etc.

Here's the thing: IMGREMAP copies over the satellite imagery from the server
into a local copy.  IMGDISP also copies over the satellite imagery from
the same server, so I am not sure why one would work and the other fail.

Ticket ID: DXH-400982
Department: Support McIDAS