[McIDAS #TLX-433036]: Longer GOES E/W composite loops

Hi Don,

Longer sequences of GOES-East/West VIS, WV, and IR composites are now being
created and made available on motherlode (adde.ucar.edu).  The most recent 96
near real-time images will be available in the RTIMAGES GEW-VIS, GEW-WV,
and GEW-IR datasets, and the rolling, short-term "archive" (currently up to
45 days) will be accessible in the IMAGEALL GEW-VIS, GEW-WV, and GEW-IR
datasets.

In all cases, the images contain the most recently available GOES-East
and GOES-West scans that were available when the compositing was kicked-off.
The source of the GOES-East and GOES-West portions of the composites are
the ADDE servers we maintain:

WEST -> goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu
EAST -> goeseast.unidata.ucar.edu

I am considering adding the 3.9 um channel to the list of composites being
generated as this band is provided by both GOES-East and GOES-West.  I would
love to make the longwave IR composite available, but the wavelengths/bands are
different for GOES-West (GOES-11: 12.0 um) and GOES-East (GOES-13: 13.3 um).

Please let me know if/when you see anything strange in the new composites.

Ticket ID: TLX-433036
Department: Support McIDAS